Tessiers have been established in 1812, by the descendants of Etienne de Tessier, a Huguenot refugee who arrived in England in 1712, but the first information about the business are in an 1841 directory listing a Griffin & Tessier, goldsmiths and silversmiths, at 32 South Audley Street.
H.T.L. Tessier continued the business at 32 South Audley Street while Edward Tessier maintained the business at 26 New Bond Street. Edward Tessier died in 1875 and the business was sold to John Gotlieu Vander and John Hedges who continued the activity under the name of E. Tessier and/or Vander & Hedges.
The business Edward Tessier/Vander & Hedges was continued by Arthur Martin Parsons (c.1859-1943) and Frank Herbert Parsons (died 1934) and in 1920 the firm was converted into a limited liability company under the style Tessiers Ltd. The first directors were A.M. Parsons, F.H. Parsons and S.F. Parsons.
Herbert Martin Parsons (1892-1981), son of A.M. Parsons, succeeded his father as head of the firm. The firm is now active in a newly established store at 10 Burlington Arcade Piccadilly as dealers in antique and modern jewellery and silver.