The history of Chaumet has been intimately entwined with the history of France since the founding of the Paris jeweler in 1780. Chaumet very quickly became official jeweler to Empress Joséphine. The Maison’s high jewelry savoir-faire has been passed down through generations of jewelers for almost 240 years. Crafted in the heart of Place Vendôme, exceptional tiaras, jewels and timepieces express this virtuosity and embody elegance with grace and character. The Joséphine collection is a precious echo of the taste of its muse, while Lien jewels celebrate the moments and life experiences that forge special relationships. The pieces in the Jardins collection pay tribute to untamed, delicate nature.
Place Vendôme has been the beating heart of Chaumet since 1812, initially at No. 15. To celebrate its 240th anniversary, in 2020 the Maison inaugurated a majestic renovation of its historic hôtel particulier at 12, Place Vendôme, the mythic epicenter of Parisian luxury.